Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Plain Old Diet & Exercise will do the Trick

So, I've had a lot of people recently walk up to me at the gym and ask what I'm doing to loose weight. Most of them assume that I'm taking some sort of supplement, and you know what, it's a great feeling to tell them, "NO, I'm just exercising and eating paleo." You should see some of the shocked looks that I get. It's really that simple when it comes to loosing weight.

I've been able to educate people on paleo, and I totally swear by it. I've been heavy all my life, and trust me, I've tried everything, and in the end, the one thing that I thought would never work, (diet and exercise) totally did. Yes, it takes time, yes you have to be dedicated, but if you want results, you have to do what you have to do.

Luckily, I have had an opportunity to really dedicate myself to go to the gym, but working out is only 20% of what you need to do to loose weight, the other 80% starts in the kitchen!

The hard part isn't getting off your butt and getting to the gym, the hard part is being conscious of what you are putting into your body. Don't think of food as something to just fill you up, think of it as fuel you need to keep going. The more natural and clean you eat, the better your body will feel in the long run. Yes, it takes getting use to, yes there will be temptations but, you can do it. If I can, you totally can.

I am by no means saying that paleo should be the way to go for you. Just try out a few different diets, and see which one you can maintain. Paleo was definitely a big decision for me, I loved eating Greek yogurt. It was my total go to after working out snack, but I wanted more results, so I decided to go hardcore paleo, and it has worked for me so far. I know how hard it can be to loose weight, and when any new weight loss fad comes around, I use to jump on the bandwagon no matter how crazy sounding it was.

I finally realized, I needed to change my lifestyle, not go on a diet. The reason is when you go on a diet, its short term. Once you are off that diet, more than likely, you will gain weight back if not more than what you lost. So, getting in the mindset of changing my lifestyle has really helped me in changing my eating habits.

No comments:

Post a Comment