|Paleo Pot Roast|
- 1 cup low sodium chicken stock (you can use beef stock if you want)
- 2-3 lb. beef roast (chuck or shoulder works best)
- Sea salt and ground black pepper (I would use both liberally)
- 5 medium carrots, peeled and chopped in half (You also use 1 lb of baby carrots)
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped (this is for the outside)
- Optional- you can cut slits into the roast and put cloves of garlic all over (This gives it more flavor)
1. Season the roast generously with sea salt and ground black pepper.
2. Place the carrots in the bottom of the crock pot, pour in the broth, place the roast on top of the carrots and then place the sliced onions and the chopped cloves on top of the roast. Allow the roast to cook on low for 6-8 hours.
3. Once the roast has cooked for the allotted time, remove the roast from the crock pot onto a platter. You can surround the roast with the carrots and onions from the crock pot. You can pour some of the remaining liquid over the meat and serve.