Monday, August 19, 2013

Can't Make it to the gym? What now?

So, I know some people can't afford to pay for a gym membership or for a personal trainer. So, what should they do? My advice is to start walking around your neighborhood, find a nice park with a walking trail, or start looking up workouts on the Internet. It's amazing how many great workouts you can find these days.

Well, I don't have time, or weights, or etc., to get a good workout. Honestly, you don't need much. There are a lot of great body weight workouts you can find that will have you sweating your butt off after 30 mins. And 30 mins, that's all you need really if you want to start making a change to your life.

Here is a link to an awesome infographic on a 30 minute, no gym body weight workout: http://greatist.com/fitness/no-gym-bodyweight-workout-infographic

I know there are a lot of gyms that are pretty expensive these days, however, there are some great ones that charge a monthly membership of only $10. The one I go to is Planet Fitness. They are super clean, lots of machines so, you aren't waiting for stuff you want to use and the staff is pretty friendly. They also provide you with a personal trainer, which even though it's a group class (max 5 people) it's a pretty darn good deal for only $10 a month. I couldn't pass that deal up. They also have a $20 membership which includes the gym, personal trainer, unlimited tanning and use of massage chairs as well.



So, just make some time. 30 mins is not that much time out of your day to work in a little workout and start making a change to better your life. I'm now working with a personal trainer 3 days a week, working out at Planet Fitness on my own lifting and doing cardio 6 days a week and walking/jogging with a friend at a local park 2 -3 times a week. All you have to do is make the choice to change.


It will be hard at first, but trust me, the end result will be worth all your hard work. I have noticed a big difference in my life already and even though I still have a ways to go, I am not going to let anything stop me!

No comments:

Post a Comment